Saturday, May 21, 2016

Struggle

I'm struggling with a friendship right now. I know what everyone's advice would be, I think, and despite that, I'm still having trouble. I have a friend who is making the seemingly dumbest love life choices right now, and she gets frustrated and asks for advice and also complains about her decisions but then repeats her mistakes repeatedly. Besides that, I love being her friend. I love her. But she makes all our conversations about her love life, and after dealing with trying to give her advice for probably almost three years now and her flip flopping and not listening, even to the point of telling one of our other friends not to tell me stuff because I lecture her and SHE SAYS she knows I'm right. I have nothing to say anymore, so I don't even answer half of the time. Her love life came really close to getting the same friend of ours to get fired--definitely some discipline at work. It ended up not being for that, but it was a weird coincidence. It happened the day after the friend told her not to say anything and she did anyway. I keep being friends with this friends because I do still love her and want the best for her and don't want to leave her at a hard time in her life when she probably needs her friends most, but she exhausts me. I can't even stand to spend time with her right now, and I've been ignoring her texts. I know this probably makes me a terrible friend, but I'm so frustrated with her right now but not ready to let her go if that's what I end up doing. I didn't come here for advice because I THINK I know what anyone would say. However, feel free to say your piece if you'd like. I seriously just came here to vent. And y'all can vent here if y'all want, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment