Sunday, May 31, 2015

Summer begins! ...And it's a busy one./:

Hi, everyone! I feel like my summer has truly begun since I came home from spending a week, volunteering with a special needs camp. I HATE BEING AWAY FROM HOME. However, I enjoyed spending time with my camper. He was older, and his disabilities were very mild. Therefore, I was able to let loose and be a kid with him. It was really fun. My co-counselor was very good with our camper, which is expected because he has a child. (Andhewascute.) But that doesn't mean I'm going to leave my boyfriend! I'm going to say it right now for anyone who needs it: I think it's okay to look and even fantasize about other people while being in a relationship. It doesn't mean it's always serious. However, I do like that my boyfriend does not do that. Say I have a double standard, but I like the way we are. I do get very jealous. He does, too, but honestly, there's nothing wrong with it. That's just my opinion, but I think it's something for everyone to think about. ANYWAY, there were other cute counselors! One of them looked like Dell from Private Practice (Chris Lowell).




















That was very important to point out. And after looking up a picture of Dell, it's important to upload a picture of Cooper! Charcoop is my favorite. Cooper is beautiful, and I want to be Charlotte, and I'd love triplets and babies in general. That run-on was totally worth it, by the way.












(Charlotte and Cooper in order to point out how cute Cooper is but also spoil us with a cute couple picture)


(A true CharCoop picture because they are HOT)
(And a picture of Charlotte; Cooper; Mason, Cooper's son from a one-night stand that he finds out about later in life; and THE COOPLETS!!!!!!)

Now, why is my summer busy? I started my application to medical school. I'm stuck on coming up with my list of volunteerism. I'm scared to approach it and forget something, especially how long I was there. I also only have fifteen slots, which seemed like a good-ish thing--less I have to remember, right--but it will be less hours for me because I was only told last semester that we should find one place to steadily volunteer at. Now, I know why. The admissions person said it was okay that I volunteered for many different things. He didn't even tell me, "Ooh, that's more complicated." He said something along the lines of, "Yes, that's fine!" Now, I see why he said one place steadily, though. I wish I knew this when I started college! I wish I would have been reminded to write down everything I volunteered for, also. I feel like maybe someone told me to, but I don't remember someone doing that. ANYWAY--I also have to register for a parking decal for my vehicle for this school year. I have to research Tennessee and Texas medical schools and choose one from each state in order to give myself more options in case I can't get into the medical school here at home that I want. Fun fact about Texas medical schools: The entire state has its own primary application instead of the AMCAS. How crazy is that? I know Texas is huge, but it's still surprising to me--almost ridiculous, honestly. I have to find a job so that I have people interaction hours for medical school. That is very important to them. I need to do that soon. I'm thinking of either a waitress at a nice restaurant or a front desk clerk(?) at a hotel. I was told from a friend who works at hotels that they're less open to summer-only workers, that is what I will be. I might also have to retake MCAT for my last shot. Last shot for the whole year, and most medical schools seem to only take your most recent score instead of your highest--grrr. I think I'll go now and possibly research into medical schools more and study more for MCAT. I started a tiny bit. 

Please, wish me luck into getting into medical school, especially the one of my dreams! Good luck to all of you in everything you're doing! Leave a comment, sharing your goals and dreams, if you'd like!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment